It’s been twelve months of shiny, pink envelopes! Are you ready to hear my Top Ten? After $120 and over 60 products later, I’m ready to reveal the best and worst of my year as an ipsy subscriber.
My Top Ten Ipsy Picks
1. Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Liner Pen – My absolute favorite thing is this eyeliner pen. I dread the day when my pen runs dry. You can achieve a very fine line and crisp wing, and it lasts all day. So much love for this product.
2. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil – Major versatility. Sure, you can use it to highlight, but if you’re pale like me, you can use it as a concealer too. You can also use it to define eyebrows, shadow, or lips, or even use it on your waterline to make your eyes look bigger. Do sanitize before switching between lips and eyes, of course. I picked up a second pencil with my reward points so I’d never be without.
3. Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush – I use this brush nearly every time I do my eyes. It’s the perfect size, shape and texture for me. When it arrived, I thought, “I already have an EcoTools brush that I love; why do I need another crease duet?” I’ve learned you really can’t have too many brushes.
4. theBalm, Nude Dude Eyeshadow – Here’s a love/hate relationship for you. When I tried this the first time, I hated it. I fussed about how it was practically invisible on my pale skin and on the same day my eye started burning. I even sent a complaint to the company. They didn’t seem to think the burning had anything to do with their product, and it never made my eyes burn after that first experience. After that, I started wearing this shadow almost daily. The color Flirty is a very sheer purple with a white gold iridescence. I liked it so much that I snatched up a second one with my points.
5. Formula X Nail Color – I didn’t want to like this one so much. The bottle I received was a mini, and the full-size is so much more expensive than any nail polish I own. OMG that color tho! It’s such a beautiful blood red and a wonderfully smooth formula. I can honestly say my nails have never looked better.
6. JulieG, Nail Color – Nail color with ipsy can be hit or miss. JulieG is a big hit. I was surprised at how fast this formula dries and how opaque it is from a single coat. The color wouldn’t have been my first choice, but I always feel powerful when I wear it. It’s a perfect nail color for those times when you feel like you need a little something extra and you’ve only got five minutes to get out the door.
7. Hey Honey, Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – The peel mask that made me trust masks again. I’d had an allergic reaction to the last one I used before this, and I was very wary of peels. This mask feels and smells so good though. My face felt soft, cool and refreshed.
8. NUXE, Rêve de Miel® Facial Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel – This gel was very enjoyable. The smell didn’t do much for me at first, but my skin felt so clean (without feeling dried out) afterward that I soon associated that smell with a pristine face. I’m really tempted to buy a full-size bottle of this.
9. Dr. Brandt pores no more anti-aging mattifying lotion – I scraped every last bit of this out of the tube. It is the perfect way to start your makeup routine. My skin never looked more smooth. I don’t think I judged this fairly from a first impression, but I’m telling you now, I’d love to make it a permanent fixture.
10. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil (Ozone) – I thought this product was pointless when I first saw it. It’s a clear lip pencil. What do you even do with that? Turns out, you can do a lot with it. A clear lip pencil not only neatens up the edges of any lipstick you own, but it’s a perfect primer for lip gloss, and it forms a barrier to keep your lips happy when you wear matte colors that might make your lips feel dry otherwise. I was very surprised and impressed with this product. The only thing I can’t stand is the price. (eBay, anyone?)
Come back tomorrow for the dirt on the products on my naughty list.