This is a super fast vegetarian recipe that makes soup for days! You can keep it vegan if you leave out the cheese and sour cream too.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T oil
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 family size can condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans Rotel
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 can corn
Add-ins at table: Tortilla chips, Mexican blend shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado chunks, cilantro, lime
- In a large pot, sauté onions, chilies and garlic in oil for 6 minutes over medium heat. Add cumin and red pepper flakes, stir and continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Pour in and stir remaining ingredients. Turn heat to high, stirring occasionally. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with add-ons.
One thought on “Black Bean Tortilla Soup”