Hi! I was nominated by littlebeautyloves for the beauty blogger award! My heart jumped into my throat when I saw my blog on the list. I’ve never been picked for one of these before. Thank you, littlebeautyloves! This is also a perfect time for a Follow Friday. Check out my list below and show some love to my nominees.
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion
- Make 15 questions for your nominees to answer.
- The people you nominate MUST HAVE UNDER 200 FOLLOWERS!!
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
Questions from littlebeautyloves
1. What is your favourite High-End Beauty Item? Definitely Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner.
2. What is your favourite Low-End Beauty Item? e.l.f. color balance cream concealer and Wet n Wild Icon Collection shadow palettes
3. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go? Washington state.
4. What makeup item can you not leave your home without? Lip balm!
5. What colours are your nails right now? Natural. I’ve spent the last month tending to a rowdy little kitten, so my hands look like a scratching post. Plus there’s just not time to let nail polish dry when you have a persistent little ball of fluff begging for snuggles.
6. What is your favourite book? That’s a tough one. I have favorites that have stuck with me, but I also have new reads that have impressed me. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is a new favorite.
7. Why did you start blogging? I’ve had various other personal blogs, but when I started growing my nails out, I felt “pretty” for the first time. I decided to jump in head-first and share my experiences.
8. Favourite fashion era and why? Mid-90s. Things could be colorful without being bright and flashy. Floral & flannel FTW.
9. Are you a dessert person? Too much.
10. How do you store your makeup? I keep my favorites in a case with fold-out trays, and things that I don’t use as often in a big bin under my bed. I have way too many hobbies for a fancy makeup display.
11. How do you usually wear your hair (curly, straight, ponytail etc.)? I go between letting my wavy hair flow naturally and clipping it up in two loose twists.
12. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your closest? My Nouveau Gamer shirt.
13. Favourite shoe style? I like to let my toes breathe and I like lots of cushion, so any kind of sandal with a cushy sole is great.
14. If you could go back in time, what piece of advice would you give your younger self? (doesn’t have to be beauty or fashion related) You’re not fat. You’re totally hot. Own it and take care of yourself like you’re preserving something awesome, because you are!
15. Are you going to watch the new Star Wars movie when it comes out? I’m still sad I won’t be able to see Jurassic World while it’s in the theater. I’ll probably wait for the DVD for Star Wars.
Ten Random Things about Me
1. I’m an only-child.
2. I won NaNaWriMo in 2013.
3. I’m down to one parent and one grandparent, and don’t plan on having kids, so my family is pretty small.
4. I have a large tattoo of a ninja turtle on my right leg.
5. During high school, I used to cut my own hair. It started my sophomore year during a One Act Play competition. Because we were short on guys in the theater group, I played the role of a priest. My hair had gotten long, so minutes before the performance, I took a pair of scissors and chopped it off. After that, I routinely trimmed up the back.
6. I’ve gone by Mortbane for 8 years now. It started out as a character’s last name in Guild Wars, and that character became my main, so everyone called me Mortbane or Mort.
7. I dislike my real last name, because it is spelled identically to another last name that is actually pronounced the way it’s spelled, but my family insists on pronouncing our last name with the “ea” sound from “great” instead of “real.” (And no, I’m not going to tell you what it is)
8. My senior year was the first major change in my life. I left school for the summer wearing tie dye shirts and listening to The Monkees; I returned listening to KoRn and wearing black everything. As much as I thought that would scare people, it actually improved my social life at school.
9. I can’t get into my old Yahoo account from high school, because my password hint is completely stupid. It is “Who are you?” Well who the hell does any 17 year old think they are, really? I have no idea!
10. My favorite thing about my current job is that I get to write/design/publish an entire 6-8 page newsletter every month. I have to keep it pretty neutral, because the company is funded by a religious organization, but I enjoy learning new things that I can share with the community.
My Nominees are
Angela Kay | Blog
The Daily Cup
Glitter and Lust
Cats and Contours
Make-up Beauty Ash
Makeup on a Tight Budget
Life in Color
15 Questions for my Nominees
1. You can send one makeup product back in time to give yourself when you were just starting to wear makeup; what item do you send?
2. What’s on your nightstand?
3. How old would you want to be if you could stay one physical age forever?
4. What is the least used product you just can’t give up?
5. Favorite quote?
6. Are you using any makeup item for something other than it’s original purpose, like red lipstick
to conceal dark circles? What and how?
7. Best advice you don’t follow?
8. You wouldn’t be blogging if you didn’t like writing, but how are your math skills?
9. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
10. Do you have any pets? Details, please 🙂
11. Who the eff is Hank?
12. What’s your Pantone Color of the Year prediction for 2016?
13. What’s the first Halloween costume you chose for yourself?
14. Can you wear yellow? (Okay, I’m sure you can, but does it look good?)
15. If time and money weren’t an issue, what’s a hobby you could really get into?